The Hamilton East Mindfulness Community comes together to support each other in the practice of mindfulness.
We share a commitment to live in an awakened way, support one other in our life journeys, and to cultivate peace within.
We welcome anybody who wishes to bring more mindful awareness, presence and compassion into all aspects of their life.
We don’t require that you have any previous experience.
We only ask that you have the desire to practice mindfulness.
We hope that you feel welcome in our group and will find the mindfulness practice of benefit to you.
Benefits of belonging to a mindfulness group
- Attending a group can reinforce our intention to make mindfulness a regular practice.
- Practicing with others allows us to share our insights, challenges, obstacles, and discoveries.
- Listening to others helps to develop compassionate understanding and patience for others and ourselves. This reinforces that we are not alone in our humanness.
- For many people the non-judgmental safety of the group provides a quality of belonging and self-acceptance.
What is Mindfulness Practice?
- Mindfulness practice is simple but not easy.
- The practice of mindfulness helps us develop our capacity to dwell happily in the present moment.
- Being mindful is to be more fully aware of what we are doing as we are doing it.
- As we develop our awareness, and find peace within ourselves, an inner stillness naturally grows.
- We are better able respond to life’s challenges wisely and lovingly.
- This practice helps us to weave mindfulness into all of life’s daily activities, so we can be present throughout the day -while eating, walking, working, or enjoying a cup of tea.
“The present moment is filled with joy and happiness.
If you are attentive, you will see it.”
Please enjoy browsing our website to find out more about us. We hope that the information we provide will answer some of your questions.
If you are thinking of joining us but still have more questions, please contact us.